Full Course Meal for 2:
* Tender Chicken Curry Rice
* Creamy Pumpkin Salad
* Colorful Pickles
* Strawberry Milk
Ingredients (Tender Chicken Curry Rice)
Chicken drumette – 6~8 pieces
→ Salt and pepper – to taste
→ Wheat flour – 1~1.5 tablespoons
Diced onion – 1/2
Celery – 1/4 stick
Carrot – 1/2 stick
Potato – 1 (medium)
Tomato – 1 (medium)
Apple – 1/4
Diced garlic – 1/2 piece
Diced ginger – 1/2 piece
Bay leaf – 1
Chili pepper – 1
White wine – 2 tablespoons
Water – suitable amount
Salt – to taste
Garam masala – to taste
Plain yogurt – 50cc
Butter – 15g
Salad oil – 1 tablespoon
Rice – suitable amount
→ Curry powder – 2 tablespoons
→ Cinnamon powder – 1/2 teaspoon
→ Garam masala – 1/2 teaspoon
→ Black pepper – 1/2 teaspoon
→ Water – 2 tablespoons
→ Soup stock – 1 cube
→ Water – 200cc
How To Cook (Tender Chicken Curry Rice)
* Rub the chicken drumettes with salt, pepper and wheat flour.
* Remove the fiber from the celery stick and cut into pieces.
* Skin the carrot and potato and cut into pieces.
* Remove the calyx of the tomato and dice it roughly.
* Skin the apple and remove the core, then cut into pieces.
* Mix the spices listed in the ~Curry~ list. Slowly add water as the paste thickens.
Step 1: Heat half of the salad oil on high heat in a frying pan. Grill the chicken drumettes until both sides are browned, then remove them from the pan.
Step 2: Add butter, the remaining salad oil, garlic and ginger into a pot and stir fry on low heat. Once the fragrance emerges, add the onions and fry on medium heat until the color changes. On low heat, continue to stir fry until light brown.
Step 3: Add water to the pot to prevent charring the ingredients. Use a wooden spatula to remove any scum that emerges.
Step 4: Add the celery, carrot, potato and tomato pieces and stir fry. Add in the cooked chicken drumettes, bay leaf, chili peppers, and curry spice mix, and stir fry on low heat.
Step 5: Add the apples, white wine, and ingredients in the ~Soup~ list to the pot under medium heat. Allow to simmer and remove any scum that emerges. Add plain yogurt and continue to cook until done. Switch to low heat and continue to cook for another 20~25 minutes, removing scum and stirring the curry with a wooden spatula.
Those who enjoy a spicy dish can add chili powder and chili peppers at this stage. Those who prefer a sweeter dish can reduce the amount of curry powder, and add in sliced bananas together with the apples for a sweet taste!
Step 6: Add salt to taste, and garam masala just before killing the heat. Mix well, and serve over a plate of rice.
Ingredients (Creamy Pumpkin Salad)
Pumpkin – 1/8~1/6
Raisins – 1 tablespoon
Sliced almonds – 1 tablespoon
→ Cream cheese – 30g
→ Mayonnaise – 2 teaspoons
→ Plain yogurt – 2 teaspoons
→ Salt and pepper to taste
How To Cook (Creamy Pumpkin Salad)
* Remove the skin, seeds and inner flesh of the pumpkin. Cut into bite size pieces.
* Soak the raisins in warm water until soft, then drain.
* Stir fry the sliced almonds until fragrant.
* Slice the cream cheese and mix it in a bowl with the other ingredients in the ~Dressing~ list.
Step 1: Place the pumpkin slices in a heat-resistant bowl, then microwave for 4~5 minutes. Leave inside the microwave for another 2~3 minutes for thorough cooking.
Step 2: Check that pumpkins are cooked with a wooden stick, then add them into the bowl with the ~Dressing~ ingredients. Add the raisins and mix well. Serve and sprinkle with sliced almonds.
Ingredients (Colorful Pickles)
Daikon radish – 4cm
Carrot – 4cm
Cucumber – 1/2
Yellow paprika – 1/4
Salt – to taste
→ Sweet vinegar – 60~80cc
→ Soup stock – 60~100cc
→ Garlic – 1/2 piece
→ Chili pepper – 1
→ Pepper seeds – 1 teaspoon
→ Cloves – 1
How To Cook (Colorful Pickles)
* Skin the daikon and carrot, then cut into 1cm long strips.
* Peel the cucumber and dice into bite size pieces.
* Remove the inner flesh and seeds of the yellow paprika, and cut into 1cm long strips.
* Remove the sprout from the garlic, and the axis and seeds from the chili pepper, then slice it in half. Mix the ~Sauce~ ingredients in a small pot and cook until done. Allow to cool.
Step 1: Add daikon and carrot strips to boiling salted water. Add the yellow paprika before draining all the ingredients.
Step 2: Pickle the vegetables in the sauce while still hot, then add in the cucumbers. Cool to room temperature before putting in the fridge. Serve cold.
Ingredients (Strawberry Milk)
Strawberries – 1/4 pack
Plain yogurt – 130cc
Milk – 130cc
Condensed milk – 1 tablespoon
Ice – suitable amount
Mint leaves – suitable amount
How To Cook (Strawberry Milk)
* Wash the strawberries and remove the stem.
Step 1: Add strawberries, plain yogurt and condensed milk into a blender and blend into a puree.
Step 2: Add milk to the puree. Serve in a glass with ice and mint leaves.